Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 03:36 PM   #5880 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Violet_ View Post
Who in your life has been most influential on your musical tastes?

My Uncle. Without him I wouldn't be listening to rock or heavy metal.
He sounds like a groovy guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Who in your life has been most influential on your musical tastes?

Probably my close friend and bandmate. He started me off in the experimental world to some degree with Frank Zappa and a few other artists and then I really fell off the bandwagon when I discover Beefheart. We would also play things together and I'd scour the internet to see if anyone had the same idea because they probably did a good job with it as well.
Really? Huh. I always assumed that you were born holding a copy of "Trout Mask Replica".

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
Are there any scents that trigger memories for you?

Used bookstore smell. The sexiest scent known to man.
I hear ya'! I used to go to this used book store next to a little pizza place, and now whenever I smell pizza it reminds me of all of those weird and musty tomes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
You write a goofy song in five minutes that ends up being the next massive pop hit; what do you name it, and how does it go?

Fuck - "Fuck" (from the album fuck)

The song is essentially one loud "fuck" that lasts for the entire song. Also, 300 different assorted keyboards are playing various looped presets of instruments at random, while at the same time chanting monks scream fuck (backwards) in unision. A field recording of children screaming and running away from an erupting volcano will play. Everything will be pitch-shifted to G major. Extra layers of a yodeling goat remaining in regular pitch will play over the top, with an armless man on drums (all into the left headphone). A deaf man with Alzheimer's disease shall instruct a 3rd grade band class to improvise free jazz with black metal roots (played all into the right headphone) while on rotating platforms moving across an open expanse, surrounded by deadly archers with flaming arrows who whistle to the tune of "X-Files." Their tongues have all been cut off sadly, however kazoos have been surgically implanted into their throat at their disposal. Produced by Brian Eno, Skrillex and Jihadi John on the fly. All in 5 minutes, I promise.
Didn't Wolves in Sheepskin already do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
What was your favorite TV show growing up (If you didn't watch any, feel free to pick a movie or a book series)?

Dragon Ball Z probably, but I may be forgetting lots of stuff I adored as much or even more.
I remember watching Dragon Ball Z all the time! My favorite character was Hercule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
Are there any scents that trigger memories for you?

The smell of KitKats reminds me of my first day at primary school, when I was four years old. I can remember the cloakroom smelling of KitKats very well.

Fragrances are one of my hobbies also, there's a load of them that make me feel nostalgic.
Aww, that sounds adorable! Maybe someone had a stash of chocolate hidden in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
What's your favorite mythological figure?

Cthulhu. I have shirts and coffee mugs with his wonderful face and body on them. He's the king of monsters.
Gotta love Cthulhu, although i'm not sure if I'd call him a mythological figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
You write a goofy song in five minutes that ends up being the next massive pop hit; what do you name it, and how does it go?

"B-B-Baby"

B-b-baby, why you gotta go?
We had something real good going.
B-b-baby, why you tellin' me no?
Now whenever I look outside, it's snowing.

© Pet_Sounds
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote