Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart presents: The Showroom
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 05:47 PM   #49 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Howdy Trollheart

Just wondering if you'd ever be willing to give Daydream Society another chance? No pressure at all, I just feel bummed because out of my now-five albums you happened to pick the darkest and most experimental one. I just don't think you have a very good idea of what most of it is actually like.

I've basically been chronicling my life as an adult through those albums in a rather abstract way, and "Apathy, Always" was made during one of the darker periods of my life and the album certainly reflects that. I was stuck at home in a studio apartment with multiple rib fractures, completely depressed and literally unable to make a song that sounded pleasant. The vast majority of the time though I'm a happy person so very little of my music has been made in that mindset. Whereas for that album I was going for long, experimental drone sessions my newest was going for beautiful soundscapes and brief (sometimes overly) snippets of melodies using far more pleasant sounding synths and chords.

If you humored me and gave the first track of Deconstruct a shot I'm almost certain you'd appreciate it a lot more.
Sure, I'll put it on the list, though you'll have to appreciate I'm mega busy at the moment (see my just-completed review of chapter one of Watchmen in Trollheart's Futureshock...)