Music Banter - View Single Post - 2016 Presidential Race Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
By flip flop I mean someone who campaigns during the primaries on a platform that caters to their partie's base, and then once they win they flop on a bunch of issues in order to try and win the general election. Displays a total lack of conviction on their part.

Pick some issues, decide your platform and then stick with it. Now if you then win and decide to work with the other side that's a great thing.
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. Romney ****ed up, but that's what all politicians do. They play it up for the base during the primary, and then pull back for the actual election. That's how it's always done.

Why do you want a politician with conviction? Those people are hard to work with. Those people also tend to be farther to the right or left than what some may be comfortable with. Give me a moderate pragmatist who's willing to vote against his beliefs if he/she thinks it will actually accomplish something, even if that's not their favorite thing. People like that are actually able to work with their peers, as opposed to people with convictions, like the Tea Party, who ****ed over our credit rating with their convictions.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote