Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #558 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm coming here to ask this because I'm not sure where else to go with it or who else I can ask the advice of.

My boyfriend has been messaging a few of his exes (which I don't mind too much) throughout the 2 years of our relationship, it's never regular contact but he left his Facebook on his PC last night and I read through his messages (which I know I definitely should NOT have done, I feel guilty for this) but he messaged his ex at 3am telling her she looked really well and she replied saying he looked swav too and then they were started the conversation, they were flirtatious or anything but they were definitely more friendly than in comfortable with. Considering if I get dressed up for a night out or dinner with him he doesn't tell me I look nice/beautiful anything this has annoyed me a considerable amount.

I don't know what I should do because I don't want to break my trust with him because I read his messages and end up falling out due to my own stupidity but I also want to make it clear that I'm not comfortable with them having a conversation other than a brief catch up.

I really don't know what to do and I'm at a loss here.
I don't think there's much to worry about. It seems like he just wanted to bury the hatchet and hopefully continue to be friends with the people he's been with instead of their being bad energy between the two of them.

Also, I hate to say it and I mean this sincerely, but you say you don't want to break your trust with him, however just the act of reading the messages has already done that. If it were me, i'd be straight up with him and say "look, I read the messages, I know i'm a terrible person, but why were you talking to this person that way and not me." Maybe he'll be mad for a while, but eventually he'll come around and realize how he was acting and try to fix it.

Again, I don't want to offend you or anything, but I would at least give him the courtesy of letting him know that you read the messages which you already know you shouldn't have done. If anything, you won't feel guilty about it anymore.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote