Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #7547 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
See what I mean, Batlord?

Anyway, Ki, if you like the third one then you really have to check out the fourth one (if you haven't already).
Yes. There is a dildo bat. That does not invalidate an entire game. If it did, then San Andreas would be a pile of **** as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Are the Saints Row games like the GTA games? Also do you have to play them all or can you jump in anywhere with them?
They're pretty much complete ripoffs. The differences are in the tone and the humor. Even at its most absurd, GTA still had a story that it took at least moderately seriously, where as Saints Row was always purely tongue-in-cheek, and has become progressively more ridiculous, to the point where the games are now more like GTA parodies than actual clones.

You can certainly jump in pretty much anywhere, as the series isn't about intricate storytelling the way GTA is -- though as I am an OG fan who played all the games in sequence, I'd still say that starting from the beginning would give you the best appreciation for the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
They seem to be a lot like GTA but just a bit more ridiculous. I started with Saints Row The Third and it seems to have it's own story. Doesn't really seem like it talks about much from the earlier games in the series, so I would say yeah, you can probably start anywhere.
Just wait. They gradually became more ridiculous than GTA as the games progressed, but at a point I will not specify in 3, the series goes completely bonkers and puts GTA to shame in that regard. And 4 is just one of the most bizarre games I have ever played.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote