Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #11546 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I've been going through Judas Priest's discography in the run-up to Metal Month III, and though there have been some good albums I have been overall not that impressed. British steel of course I know from my other journal, but while the other albums have all been solid, none of them has really hit me with the wow factor, as it were. I thought it would probably happen, if at all, with Screaming for vengeance, but I found that, while that's a great album, there was still something missing.

Then I came across this.

Holy good **** on a bike! This is immense! Every track is stellar (bar one which is slightly not as good) and I am totally blown away by it. And yet I believe it's not that well thought of in the catalogue? Well if I wanted to turn anyone on to Priest this is the one I would use. What an incredible album! Did they reach their peak with this, I wonder? I'll find out as I continue through their discog, but for now, number one Priest album for me!
I always forget about Priest. I wore that ****er out the summer before I went into the Army (which I failed to mention in my journal). One of their best imo. You're probably gonna be disappointed with the next two albums after that one, but they pick up the slack with Painkiller.