Music Banter - View Single Post - The Support and Encouragement Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #100 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Batty never lies, that's the truth! Nudes shall cometh.

You're such a sweetheart for this, I love having the thought that people here are fond of me and make me feel a little more like I can achieve anything no matter what's wrong with me.

Been sore today though. I managed to clean up my pantry and pack some things.
For a moment I had a Batlord moment and thought you said "clean up my panties"!

Quote:
I opened myself up for that one.
Oh dear, honey...
Quote:
So I need to make it harder for you to hunt?
and again...

But to be serious: wow! I had no idea you were in such pain and had such health issues. My heart really goes out to you. I know what painkiller addiction is like, not from personal experience: I'm as healthy as the next guy

Oh, all right, the guy after that then!

But Karen had a problem with pk, not that she was necessarily addicted to them, but her MS made her forget she had taken them, and with pain still afflicting her she would take more. Her doctor told us that what happens then is you get locked into a pain cycle: the painkiller in your bloodstream has not worked yet, and if you take another before the four-hour gap limit, it actually induces pain, so you take another to get rid of the new pain, it does the same thing, and round and round you go. I know tablets containing codeine are strictly regulated here: you can't buy more than one box specifically because of the addiction thing.

I unfortunately don't know how to advise you on controlling pain, but I'm sure you know my heart goes out to you and I'm here to talk if you need it. Perhaps this will help...