Music Banter - View Single Post - Tell Me Your Favorite Band So I Can Tell You Why Manowar Is Better
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
They did what they wanted, without worrying if what they were doing was "Punk", "Metal", or "Pop", whereas Manowar couldn't get over their masculinity issues and limited themselves to a single genre that was already artistically limited to begin with. Girlschool had true courage, while Manowar were just overcompensating twats. The comparison is not unlike that of you and Trollheart; you aren't afraid to try new things and admit that you like something, even if it seems unbecoming of your persona (like Kate Bush and Britney Spears), whereas Trollheart pretends to accept recommendations when deep down he will always hate everything but Prog, and refuses to enjoy anything new beyond reason (bastard won't even give Office Space a chance). Face it; Girlschool is your spirit animal.
This is a gross misrepresentation and oversimplification of my music tastes, and I am offended. I like AOR, atmospheric black metal, prog, classical, some pop, Country, prog, NWOBHM metal, some soul, prog, power metal, blues, funeral doom, prog, some folk, ambient, prog, prog and prog. Oh, did I mention prog? And prog.

Also, my parents were married when the momentous occasion of my birth shook this world. If you're gonna insult me, at least do me the courtesy of researching my parentage!