Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 05:55 PM   #605 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Does anyone have any advice on picking up on social ques? I feel like that's a weird question to ask but the only time I seem to understand a person's intentions is when they're completely point-blank and literal. I had a haircut today and spent my entire visit trying to figure out if my hairdresser was flirting with me. And there's times when I'm just completely oblivious to how the things I say may be interpreted until it's far too late. I feel so ****ing dumb and far behind in the world of relationships
Just ask them in a casual and natural way if they like you, and don't be offended if they turn you down; if you don't make a big deal out of it, then they probably won't either, you know? It's not like they're going to yell "Ha! Foolish mortal! You would dare to flirt with me?! You will pay for your insolence! Die!" and then rip your head off.

Just imagine the situation if the roles were reversed; if someone thought that you liked them, wouldn't you prefer that they just talked to you about it rather than be awkward around you all of the time? And if they did talk to you, and you just weren't very attracted to them, so you decided to turn them down, wouldn't you probably be nice about it rather than laugh in their face? Just go with your gut, and like DwnWthVwls said, "don't be creepy".
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote