Music Banter - View Single Post - Policing Debate (Moved from the Confessional Thread)
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
That's the system for you. Either you work with the system to fight the system, or you stay quiet and you do the system's work for it.

I noticed how you did not respond to the warning v. ticket comment that I made. You are saying that you don't get to pick and choose, which I agree with. But, by the letter of the law, if you are going 36 in a 35 you have broken the law and deserve a ticket. Which I assume you don't want THAT running around being enforced - granted there are some towns & such that DO enforce it that harshly. It's generally hated.
From my understanding warnings go on your record, so it's reasonable for a first time offender to get a warning before a ticket.

As for the whole speeding thing, if you don't agree that 1 mph over is a good enough reason to pull someone over then don't do it. Just be consistent.

I've never blamed a cop for enforcing the law, I got caught I own it. I get my chance to argue in court if it's worth the hassle. The only time I've ever given a cop an attitude was after my car got smashed by a drunk driver (while parked in front of my house) and the scumbag told me to lie to get more money out of the driver. I called him out for being a douche, and then dealt with a different officer for the rest of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote