Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
That's the system for you. Either you work with the system to fight the system, or you stay quiet and you do the system's work for it.

I noticed how you did not respond to the warning v. ticket comment that I made. You are saying that you don't get to pick and choose, which I agree with. But, by the letter of the law, if you are going 36 in a 35 you have broken the law and deserve a ticket. Which I assume you don't want THAT running around being enforced - granted there are some towns & such that DO enforce it that harshly. It's generally hated.
From my understanding warnings go on your record, so it's reasonable for a first time offender to get a warning before a ticket.

As for the whole speeding thing, if you don't agree that 1 mph over is a good enough reason to pull someone over then don't do it. Just be consistent.

I've never blamed a cop for enforcing the law, I got caught I own it. I get my chance to argue in court if it's worth the hassle. The only time I've ever given a cop an attitude was after my car got smashed by a drunk driver (while parked in front of my house) and the scumbag told me to lie to get more money out of the driver. I called him out for being a douche, and then dealt with a different officer for the rest of the night.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
We do. I said that a lot of it comes with how you approach us, which is correct. If you're super fidgety and nervous we get nervous. What I probably should have said is if there's mutual respect between both parties involved, it removes a lot of the extra B.S.
That and throwing people to the system, the system will make anyone a criminal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
fiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
From my understanding warnings go on your record, so it's reasonable for a first time offender to get a warning before a ticket.

As for the whole speeding thing, if you don't agree that 1 mph over is a good enough reason to pull someone over then don't do it. Just be consistent.

I've never blamed a cop for enforcing the law, I got caught I own it. I get my chance to argue in court if it's worth the hassle. The only time I've ever given a cop an attitude was after my car got smashed by a drunk driver (while parked in front of my house) and the scumbag told me to lie to get more money out of the driver. I called him out for being a douche, and then dealt with a different officer for the rest of the night.
Warnings depend on the state. In some they drop off after a set amount of time and it's like it never happened. We always have to enforce the law even if we don't agree with it. But it doesn't mean that e can't make a judgement call and perhaps not enforce it to the letter of the law. I think you simply misunderstood what I was saying. I'd still bust you for the drugs. I might not slams your face into the hood ofa car but you'd get busted. I'd try to help you too. That's
what I was saying the difference was b

I so would have reported that cop.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
...by the letter of the law, if you are going 36 in a 35 you have broken the law and deserve a ticket. Which I assume you don't want THAT running around being enforced - granted there are some towns & such that DO enforce it that harshly. It's generally hated.
St. Charles, Illinois is notorious for that. It really boils down to the judicial level in most of those cases though.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Warnings depend on the state. In some they drop off after a set amount of time and it's like it never happened. But that's what I'm saying, if we don't get to pick and choose what laws to enforce or not to, it means that we are enforcing the law to the letter. One mph means a ticket. Not a warning.

I so would have reported that cop.
Idk how it is where you are but in NJ a warning is an official piece of paper that they hand you. It's still part of the law, it's not picking and choosing, it's a lesser punishment for first time offenders.

Can't speak for all of NJ, but that's how my speeding warning worked.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
fiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
St. Charles, Illinois is notorious for that. It really boils down to the judicial level in most of those cases though.
Yeah there's a couple of towns like that around here, mostly ran by idiots. I love driving through them in uniform and in my cruiser because I go as fast as I want and they can't touch me. Ooops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Idk how it is where you are but in NJ a warning is an official piece of paper that they hand you. It's still part of the law, it's not picking and choosing, it's a lesser punishment for first time offenders.

Can't speak for all of NJ, but that's how my speeding warning worked.
Great. So, let me hit you with this. I pull up behind you, and blue light you for your taillights being out. Pretty minor thing, not a big deal. I get up to your car window and you've got a crack pipe that's got some crack in your cup holder - in plain sight. If simply ignore it and go on about my business tell you to fix your taillights and that's it - I've ignored a law. I've chosen what law I wanted to enforce. However, if I enforce that law, there's actually two ways I can go about it: I can one bust you for possession of drug paraphernalia or I can bust you for that and the amount of crack in the pipe. After all, you're in possession of both. And according to the law, you're liable for both the pipe AND the crack inside of it. (I know, generally people don't ride around with crack actually in the pipe - I know the whole circumstance is purely stacked and coincidental). How is THAT choice any different from just choosing what laws to enforce all together? At that point I'm not simply interrupting the law, I'm ignoring a completely separate law. So is that really all that better than just ignoring the crack pipe all together?

Point is you say we shouldn't pick and choose what laws to enforce - which we shouldn't - but then if this happened to you and you only got charged for the one and not both, would you stand up and say something about it? Or would you be grateful for not getting busted for both?
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,144
Default

My stance is that you do your job, if someone is breaking multiple laws then charge them for it. I already said if you catch me I'll own it, but you gotta catch me because I purposefully break laws I don't agree with everyday (which are the ONLY laws I do break).

As for your second question. I wouldn't be grateful and I wouldn't say anything. I'm not gonna show you gratitude because you didn't prosecute to the full extent, you still prosecuted me for something I don't see anything wrong with.

Just do your job and don't abuse your authority. That's all I ask of cops, unfortunately none I've ever met seem to do that.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
fiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
My stance is that you do your job, if someone is breaking multiple laws then charge them for it. I already said if you catch me I'll own it, but you gotta catch me because I purposefully break laws I don't agree with everyday (which are the ONLY laws I do break).

As for your second question. I wouldn't be grateful and I wouldn't say anything. I'm not gonna show you gratitude because you didn't prosecute to the full extent, you still prosecuted me for something I don't see anything wrong with.

Just do your job and don't abuse your authority. That's all I ask of cops, unfortunately none I've ever met seem to do that.
That's the point. If you break a law, you put yourself into a situation where you could potentially clash with the cops. Silently protesting a law by breaking it over and over again fuels the system. Keeps the nuts and bolts nice and tight.

So you feel that we shouldn't pick and choose which laws to enforce and which ones we do not enforce...but you're also not going to say anything when it benefits you. If you like it or not, a misdemeanor v. a felony is a hell of a trade off.

You haven't met the right cops.


Just as a side note of the ~20 tickets I've ever written 15 of them where in a ten month time span when the Army was real gung-ho on writing tickets. Stupidest B.S. I ever saw at the time and is still in the top 25 for S.B.S.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Yeah there's a couple of towns like that around here, mostly ran by idiots. I love driving through them in uniform and in my cruiser because I go as fast as I want and they can't touch me. Ooops.
Aww, now you gone done it. Duck and cover.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,144
Default

Why would I prosecute myself? That's not my job. That's your job, and like I already said, do your fucking job. If I get caught I'll own it, I understand the consequences of my actions and take part willingly.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 05-26-2015 at 10:52 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.