Music Banter - View Single Post - Policing Debate (Moved from the Confessional Thread)
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
From my understanding warnings go on your record, so it's reasonable for a first time offender to get a warning before a ticket.

As for the whole speeding thing, if you don't agree that 1 mph over is a good enough reason to pull someone over then don't do it. Just be consistent.

I've never blamed a cop for enforcing the law, I got caught I own it. I get my chance to argue in court if it's worth the hassle. The only time I've ever given a cop an attitude was after my car got smashed by a drunk driver (while parked in front of my house) and the scumbag told me to lie to get more money out of the driver. I called him out for being a douche, and then dealt with a different officer for the rest of the night.
Warnings depend on the state. In some they drop off after a set amount of time and it's like it never happened. We always have to enforce the law even if we don't agree with it. But it doesn't mean that e can't make a judgement call and perhaps not enforce it to the letter of the law. I think you simply misunderstood what I was saying. I'd still bust you for the drugs. I might not slams your face into the hood ofa car but you'd get busted. I'd try to help you too. That's
what I was saying the difference was b

I so would have reported that cop.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote