Music Banter - View Single Post - Policing Debate (Moved from the Confessional Thread)
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
My stance is that you do your job, if someone is breaking multiple laws then charge them for it. I already said if you catch me I'll own it, but you gotta catch me because I purposefully break laws I don't agree with everyday (which are the ONLY laws I do break).

As for your second question. I wouldn't be grateful and I wouldn't say anything. I'm not gonna show you gratitude because you didn't prosecute to the full extent, you still prosecuted me for something I don't see anything wrong with.

Just do your job and don't abuse your authority. That's all I ask of cops, unfortunately none I've ever met seem to do that.
That's the point. If you break a law, you put yourself into a situation where you could potentially clash with the cops. Silently protesting a law by breaking it over and over again fuels the system. Keeps the nuts and bolts nice and tight.

So you feel that we shouldn't pick and choose which laws to enforce and which ones we do not enforce...but you're also not going to say anything when it benefits you. If you like it or not, a misdemeanor v. a felony is a hell of a trade off.

You haven't met the right cops.

Just as a side note of the ~20 tickets I've ever written 15 of them where in a ten month time span when the Army was real gung-ho on writing tickets. Stupidest B.S. I ever saw at the time and is still in the top 25 for S.B.S.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote