Music Banter - View Single Post - open challenge: can anyone debunk this homophobic rhetoric?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
right, i get you can prolong their life expectancy. but that to me still makes it sound like they'll eventually die of aids, it'll just take longer. will they eventually die of aids?
I have no idea, I'm not a doctor, I assume they just die of complications due to old age, and frankly, if you're 80 and you die of whatever, I think you made it quite far. So, you know, if someone tells you you've got HIV and you'll die of it in 70 years!! I assume you won't go into hysterics over it. :/

Quote:
yea, i also dislike confronting ideas that conflict with my ideological presuppositions about the world.
I wouldn't say they conflict with anything really, they're just really stupid conclusions based on cherry picked information. I have no idea where his "facts" are pulled from but for example, what we don't know is what is inside these "statistics", what is the age of these mentally ill people, what kind of problems do they suffer from, and most importantly, what causes them, aside from their "perversion", as claimed by the "esteemed scholar" you seem to find funny. Have you bothered to check any of his hateful bullsh!t and if you're too lazy to do some fact checking before you buy into something, why the hell should I bother doing it for you?

The saddest part of this thread for me is that there are obviously still people out there, like you, who can listen to this crap and BELIEVE some of it.

Quote:
er... nah, mathematically. if there's 100 people in the population, and 50 of them are men, and 3 are serial killers, then it's mathematically impossible that all 50 men or even most of them are serial killers, even if all 3 serial killers are men.
Ok good, good, you're onto something.

Quote:
that applies to any of his arguments if the math is similarly wrong. i dunno if it is or not. but if there were 45 serial killers instead of just 3, and all of them were men, then it would be accurate to say that most men are serial killers.
Nope, lost it.

This kinda reminds me of this:

So, again, MATHEMATICALLY, if one person says they don't wont to tell their sexual partners they are HIV positive, does that mean ALL gay people don't want to do that? I am a gay person and I can tell you I would definitely want to tell my partner. Where does that get us? You have one gay person who doesn't want to tell and one who does. What does that say about ALL gay people? Mathematically?

Here's another one, I personally know a hundred gay people who would NEVER do bareback. So I guess NO gay people ever want to do bearback.

I know a straight couple who is in an open relationship. Does that mean ALL straight couples are in open relationships?

Are you aware there are swingers clubs for heterosexual married people? Does that mean your mom and dad are swingers?

See where I'm going with this?

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote