Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:06 AM   #258 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I'm not quite sure how you're able to deduce the motivations for infractions given by moderators. Mostly because A) they're not public unless someone says they got an infraction and isn't lying, and B) you have no way of judging what went on behind the scenes with the mods regarding the incident.

I feel that maybe you are becoming disillusioned by your own assumptions here.

I'd be interested to see some examples of this (not as a challenge) that are outside of the now-defunct "Spill Your Guts" thread.

My opinion is based on what other members have said who have gotten infractions and who have shown me (and no I will not disclose who they are or the reasons) but apparently there were no justifiable reasons for the infraction.

In addition, it is also based on a infraction that I recently got by a moderator and I am still confused with why I got it.

The particular moderator does not like me (which is fine) but they have some deep seeded issue with me to the point that they go out of their to disrespect me, lie on me and now this infraction.

I don't really think the location of disrespectful remarks made by moderators matters to be honest. Regardless, some members of the mod team have been disrespectful to members here, PERIOD.

I don't think I need to show examples here of that because this issue has been talked about before. The point is, its a problem and it should not be tolerated from a moderator.

It is one thing to criticize but its another to personally attack someone. It just doesn't sit well with me that there are moderators who are giving out infractions for the very thing they do themselves (thats a problem) which is why I strongly believe there should be all new moderators besides maybe one person.

Lastly (and this is not directed toward you free base but more so just an observation I have noticed throughout this thread)

There are other members who feel there should be more new moderators too and just because there not expressing it in this thread doesn't mean other members don't feel the same way.

All the opinions in this thread are exclusive and do not represent how the overall forum feels about this issue and I think its naive to believe otherwise.

Is it realistically fair to accept the opinions of what 8 members have to say on a issue that should involve the other thousands of members that make up the board?

You guys don't like to acknowledge that the board is cliquish but this very thread proves just that!

Is it any wonder no other non clique member never wants to say anything or express their opinion on these topics? I don't blame them they probably feel they will just get bashed!

I always get a number of PM's every time there is a thread like this that gets started in this section by people who agree with the points I make but don't care to participate in the discussions or voice that they agree with me because they dont want to deal with the bickering and bashing and quite frankly I don't blame them!

A lot of people are intimidated by a lot of you here but I am not. I think its sad the niche of this forum wants to bully other people a way and different ideas.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote