Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 04:19 AM   #264 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
These look like the same implementation suggestions you've already made in this thread, and again, they're unrealistic. That's why I was asking you to provide realistic ones. The level of moderation and the amount if documentation you're proposing is an enormous amount of work for the mod team, more than we are capable of doing. Suggesting that we simply add ex-mods to the team doesn't make a whole lot of sense since they are by definition people who have actively decided that they don't want to be mods. Recruiting the large numbers of people needed from regular members is equally unrealistic because, based on the last time we needed a new mod, not nearly enough people are interested. Add to that the fact that most of the active members here don't seem to be behind your proposal and the pickings become very slim. You also assume that the owners of the site are likewise interested in throwing their time and energy behind this, which is very unlikely. As a former mod, you should be very well aware that owners historically have little interest in changes to the site.
I suspect myself and at least two other ex-mods could be persuaded to come back. I think there are a couple of members that could also be right for the job and willing. That's 5 new mods that I personally think would be right for the job. I'm sorry if I don't mention names, but I could do so on PMs.

I'm sure there are more people who could do this other than the ones I've thought of as well. These would be coming on to help work on this specifically, so it would basically be part of their job description.

Furthermore, there should be a project leader whose job it is to implement this (basically get through the plan of action). This would be relatively demanding task, but I would be willing to take this on myself.

As for the admins, they have already warned us that MB is too anarchic in the past. Even if they wouldn't exactly help out with the dirty work, I generally expect them to support my suggestion.

With it up and running, we probably wouldn't be there in "real time" to prevent threads from becoming hijacked and so on. We can't keep an eye on the forums constantly. But even if we come to the fight / derailment / whatever some hours late, we can make sure there are consequences for these actions and that's the main thing.