Music Banter - View Single Post - New Policy for Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 AM   #109 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

So many posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm wondering why the new non-loaded thread title was sent to a mod who's offline rather than just posting it in this thread so that the first mod available can do it. Seems rather strategic.
LoathsomePete was actually online when I sent the PM, something I did about 10~12 votes in not long after my post saying I would stop posting. It wasn't strategy, but I don't mind the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
But since his post seems to have given others the confidence to say what they couldn't say on their own before, then let them speak.

But let them speak precisely.

You do this with multiple choice, not a package. This is not about Tore, it's about how to best represent the community Tore is trying to advocate for. If he is truly out there for the community, then he will agree, and I suspect he will, because I suspect he is.

We could make the poll for him that includes the ability for each of Tore's proposed items to be selected individually, but since it was his proposal I think it best that we let him decide to do that or not. And his decision will say everything. And your decisions as a community if he decides to itemize rule changes as votes, will say even more.

Edit:

And with that, I'm out. I don't think there's anything further that needs to be said on the matter.
This is a good suggestion

I definitely can see your point and wish I had thought of it myself. Perhaps a new poll could run alongside this or we chould shut this one down. On the choices for a new poll, I would like your input. How about something like this?

Poll : Which of these statements do you agree with? (not anonymous)

Options (multiple choice) :
  1. This site runs fine as it is (not in favour of any change)
  2. The mod team should be bolstered with additional mods
  3. The rules should be revised
  4. When enforcing rules, mods should strive to treat all members equally
  5. Moderators should strive to react (with warning or punishment) whenever rules are broken
  6. For punishment, moderators should use the in-built infractions system
  7. The Lounge forum (not its subforums) should be exempt from a new moderation policy
  8. Any new moderation policy should have a trial run first (ex. 1 - 2 months)

Duration : 2 weeks

Here they just vote for things they agree with. I could add counter-options to every option, but it would become a crazy ass long poll and we can sorta figure out from the answers what the voters don't want. Also, they could elaborate in the thread with a post.

What do you think?