New Policy for Rule Enforcement - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of a new policy for rule enforcement? (not anonymous)
Yes 13 36.11%
No 20 55.56%
Don't know 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #101 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
You lied and said he did not agree when he did agree with Tore.

Also, he said its up to the mod and the community (collaborative effort) not just the community.
Good grief.
Janszoon is offline  
Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #102 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
You lied and said he did not agree when he did agree with Tore.

Also, he said its up to the mod and the community (collaborative effort) not just the community.
The mods and the community are the same.
Key is offline  
Old 06-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #103 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,365
Default

Jen, can you clairfy Janszys post. I mean it made no sense ,to me anyways.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline  
Old 06-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #104 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,775
Default

This is why we can't have nice things.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline  
Old 06-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #105 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
This is why we can't have nice things.
No, you're WRONG AND I WILL FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH!
Janszoon is offline  
Old 06-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #106 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

I am done with my points.

Yac agreed with the points Tore suggested but insisted that there should be a (middle ground) meaning the rules should not be strict but rules should be enforced.

In addition he suggested there should be a collaborative effort between the moderators and the members implying there should be no dictatorship (moderators) creating all the rules without collaborating with the community.

Tore has done that, period. This ain't rocket science, always want to start drama for no reason.
Soulflower is offline  
Old 06-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #107 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
fiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
This is why we can't have nice things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
No, you're WRONG AND I WILL FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH!
Get your tickets here folks right here folks $2 entry, drinks & corn $0.50 a pop. Step right up folks, got a hot deal going.

But for real though Jans thanks for getting rid of that god awful 40-times-the-normal-size font.
fiddler is offline  
Old 06-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #108 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
I just think its crazy how earlier today lol Mostly everyone who voted NO (of not all but most) complained at the suggestions Tore had gave because they insisted they did not want rules or infractions because they liked the current culture of the forum. They said they did NOT want rules or infractions of any kind
The reason I voted "no" was not because I don't want the current conditions of MusicBanter to improve, I do. It was because I don't want to complain about how things are and then the solution would be to impose stricter rules and the backlash of that would result in something like getting an infraction cause I made a joke with TH or responded to Plankton with a meme etc etc. I don't want to point to a problem and then have the mod come after me as the problem because it will only be fair if everybody is treated as the problem.


EDIT
I have no problem with the current rules, and it would be better if members agree to improve MB with positive ideas instead of waiting to be punished to improve things. I don't believe in a system that relies on "the flogging will continue until morale improves" will fix anything.

If the mods address members singularly with the current rules then maybe they will get somewhere faster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 06-02-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Neapolitan is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 AM   #109 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
Guybrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 6,525
Default

So many posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm wondering why the new non-loaded thread title was sent to a mod who's offline rather than just posting it in this thread so that the first mod available can do it. Seems rather strategic.
LoathsomePete was actually online when I sent the PM, something I did about 10~12 votes in not long after my post saying I would stop posting. It wasn't strategy, but I don't mind the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
But since his post seems to have given others the confidence to say what they couldn't say on their own before, then let them speak.

But let them speak precisely.

You do this with multiple choice, not a package. This is not about Tore, it's about how to best represent the community Tore is trying to advocate for. If he is truly out there for the community, then he will agree, and I suspect he will, because I suspect he is.

We could make the poll for him that includes the ability for each of Tore's proposed items to be selected individually, but since it was his proposal I think it best that we let him decide to do that or not. And his decision will say everything. And your decisions as a community if he decides to itemize rule changes as votes, will say even more.

Edit:

And with that, I'm out. I don't think there's anything further that needs to be said on the matter.
This is a good suggestion

I definitely can see your point and wish I had thought of it myself. Perhaps a new poll could run alongside this or we chould shut this one down. On the choices for a new poll, I would like your input. How about something like this?

Poll : Which of these statements do you agree with? (not anonymous)

Options (multiple choice) :
  1. This site runs fine as it is (not in favour of any change)
  2. The mod team should be bolstered with additional mods
  3. The rules should be revised
  4. When enforcing rules, mods should strive to treat all members equally
  5. Moderators should strive to react (with warning or punishment) whenever rules are broken
  6. For punishment, moderators should use the in-built infractions system
  7. The Lounge forum (not its subforums) should be exempt from a new moderation policy
  8. Any new moderation policy should have a trial run first (ex. 1 - 2 months)

Duration : 2 weeks

Here they just vote for things they agree with. I could add counter-options to every option, but it would become a crazy ass long poll and we can sorta figure out from the answers what the voters don't want. Also, they could elaborate in the thread with a post.

What do you think?
__________________
Something Completely Different
Guybrush is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 01:19 AM   #110 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

^^^

I would support this poll. I'd have to give each option a bit of thought, as I'm not opposed to the idea of slight changes (f.ex. stricter enforcement of rules about off-topic posts outside of the Lounge), but really it's Tore's idea for an infraction system that I most want nothing to do with.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.