Music Banter - View Single Post - solution for homeless
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

@ overcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
my previous comment still applies... in fact, nothing has changed
i was being a dick here

nothing wrong with survivalism... i think the image hippies have of it is a bit sugar coated... they tend to abhor the idea of inflicting pain on other creatures, reinforcing the very idea of humanity as something above and beyond the rest of the animal kingdom.

cause no other creature is vegetarian out of empathy for the feelings of others... they're driven to a vegetarian diet out of strategy because in their case and their ecological niche, it happens to be the most effective way of obtaining nutrients. semi off topic rant approaching
in 5

but the more i think about it the less vegetarianism/veganism makes sense to me. because really we were born out of a system that necessitates that life feeds on life. vegetarians draw an arbitrary line as to which kind of life is ok to eat and which kind isn't. cause they're concerned about pain. but predation is built into the ecosystem we live in. so really they are just rejecting nature. or trying to separate humans from nature. and yet they tend to be the self proclaimed advocates of nature.

where as the hunter looks at the rest of the animal kingdom the same way any other predator does. so that's just humans engaging in the natural world.

so that's what i find interesting about survivalism... the idea of being able to hunt and grow **** and do whatever it takes to survive. but it doesn't look very easy or pleasant, tbh. so i'd probably prefer to stay in a high tech society.

but i do find tribes that still exist this way interesting. this is a pretty good documentary about such a tribe.

Watch Pure Nature Features: The Great Dance: a Hunter's Story Online | Hulu

they still exist. so maybe if you are really serious about wanting to disconnect from civilization and go primal, think about going to africa and trying to join in with these people.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote