Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #370 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Trollheart, I think you may be missing something. Did you see the question I asked Ki?

The short posts rule is not actually part of my proposition. I'm not against it, but it's not "my" rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm pretty sure I answered this question long ago in this thread, but my answer is that I don't have the same all or nothing perspective on the rules that you do. Yes, I believe that that short/nonsense rule should exist but no I don't believe it should be enforced on every individual instance of a short/nonsense post. It exists because we need a way of addressing the issue of people who have a pattern of posting nonsense constantly, but people doing it occasionally isn't an issue. It's like a city having a noise ordinance on the books. It would be absurd, even detrimental the culture of the city, to have the cops show up every time someone has a party, but you need the rule on the books for people who do it so often that becomes a nuisance.
Hehe, I don't think we see things that differently. The boldened part of your quote is sorta what the proposed system does.

It's not dangerous to get infractions as long as you don't get too many. In other words, you could post nonsense posts now and then. But if you have a "pattern of posting nonsense constantly", you'd get tempbanned.

People insist on taking offense to any infractions at all, but as I've mentioned before, one could instead see it as a measure of freedom. If you've got 8 infractions, you don't have as much freedom and should wait a bit before posting more nonsense. If you have 0 infractions, you can post more nonsense. Just play it smart and try to keep up with the score.

If mods wanted to be more lenient than my initial proposition, you could say breaking the short post rule gives you 1 infraction for 1 week. Then you could break the rule 9 times in a week without real repercussions.

Last edited by Guybrush; 06-04-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote