Music Banter - View Single Post - How Should MB Be Moderated?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #54 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
You make a lot of points that I agree with, Plankton; a nice summary of the atmosphere we enjoy on MB.

Just the bolded sentence I'm inclined to disagree with; the poll isn't trying to control anything - it's just trying to collect opinions, For instance, poll option 3A is for allowing short/nonsense posting anywhere on the site, but as I write, only two people have voted for it. Poll option 3B is for discouraging short/nonsense posts outside the Lounge and has five votes at the moment.

Anyone who likes the fun, freewheeling "noisy" MB can vote for 3A, which is a vote against more control and will help demonstrate how popular that option is.
Maybe not the poll itself, or at least certain options, but considering the impetus of this whole story arc in the first place, I definitely think that that motivation is what's behind the general idea of the poll.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.