Music Banter - View Single Post - guns
Thread: guns
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
One of the biggest issues here in the US regarding guns is the extreme wide ranging cultural differences (both geographical and philosophical) across the country. Guns have been around forever and are a part of people's DNA in the majority of rural areas. Little Johnny getting a .22 rifle for his 12th birthday is probably still a very common right of passage for millions of families.

Second or third generation suburbanites can't relate. To many of them guns are simply tools of evil. That's why the gun laws vary so widely from state to state and even county to county.

In parts of this country it's perfectly legal to do this:

it's like that here in nc

doesn't really bother me tbh

saw a dude the other day in walmart with one on his hip... didn't really feel like there was a risk of him being some psycho that's gonna shoot up the place. dunno why... i just know it's normal here so i guess that sort of put me at ease.

what killed me though was seeing in the walmart here... behind the glass.. there was like a 1000 dollar AR-15 looking rifle with a banana clip and all... just sitting there behind the glass, with all the ammo needed for it sitting out in the open behind the counter... just made me think of back in florida working at walmart, thugs would smash the glass to the ipod cases and run out with ipods.. could only imagine what they'd do for a rifle like that.

but the culture is different here, so **** like that is pretty unlikely to happen

it's one if the things i have to say is better about the south/rural areas to me.. people are just a bit more civil in general than they are in busier places. another one of those stereotypes that are true.

Quote:
And the majority of pro gun folks are not going to give up even an inch because they are all convinced that by doing so will be the first step towards Uncle Sam someday knocking at their doors to take away their guns.
this sort of irritates me cause they will argue against **** like a national registry for trying to keep track of who owns what gun, which imo everyone should be on board with. i mean i'm not even saying ban any guns that aren't currently banned... i personally prefer having the right to buy one if i want to. and i've never owned a gun. but i would like the option.

all i'm saying is find a better way to keep track of them to make it harder to leak them to the black market... so you would think a pro gun person would be on board with this... as it doesn't restrict your gun rights any more than registering your vehicle restricts your ability to drive your car. because the illegal gun market in the US should be addressed... it's a bit of a disgrace tbh. we have insanely high murder rates for an industrialized/western country... and it's basically because our criminals are generally better armed vs their european/british/australian counterparts.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote