Music Banter - View Single Post - guns
Thread: guns
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 06:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
you're saying what, specifically? i thought you were saying old ancient rifles and **** that were antiques. if you're talking modern weapons then i'm saying they should be included in the registry imo. even if they were made x numbers of years ago. basically it should be illegal to own a weapon that isn't part of the registry. because i'm sure some criminals would try to make their own as well.
But how do get anyone who owns an unregistered gun to register it? The paranoia with most of the folks who own those guns runs really high.

Can we agree that universal background checks as part of the gun buying process is a pretty sound and reasonable thing? After the Newtown School massacre this came up for debate once again.

Well, it was quickly shot down, again, because of the NRA and the fear instilled in the Pro Gun groups about how that would be "giving an inch".

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote