Music Banter - View Single Post - How Should MB Be Moderated?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #221 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
[...] 9D. Some or all of the current moderators should be replaced.
I have two reasons for voting for this.

First, the current mod team includes people who, I believe, are listed only as mods because they were chosen by the site owners or employees, and these mods are not involved in actually moderating the site on any regular basis. If this is true, then perhaps Yac can move them to "administrators" or delete them entirely if they are not involved in the site anymore, so that new members will actually know who the active moderators are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
[...] And lol @ telling Yac to fire the mods hired by the company.
Bat, it's possible that Yac, a paid admin and Advameg employee, was involved on behalf of the company in selecting company-paid mods (if the less active mods I mentioned are paid, and I assume they are).

If so, then Yac may also be able to change their status so that our list of mods reflects those who are actually part of the active mod team.

We can also go straight to the "top" by contacting Advameg directly.

http://www.advameg.com/contact-oth.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Vegangelica here gives a well formulated, researched, thought out post which brings up a lot of good, relevant points about the going ons here.
Thank you, tore, for your support. Thank you also for caring enough about MB to encourage change that could make it a more enjoyable online experience for a wider range of people who like music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Whether it's about music or MB policy, VEGANGELICA's posts are invariably polite, well thought-out and well researched and if that takes an extra line or two of prose, then so be it; like all of us, she's entitled to her say. [...]
In short, my suggestions are:-
> stay polite, as we generally have been so far
> leave this poll to reach it's closure date
> don't post in this (or other) threads to say that you're tired of posting in this (or other) threads
> try visiting a different section of MB [...]
Thank you also, Lisnaholic, for your kind words, for supporting the initial goal of this thread (to poll MB opinions about moderation), and for your good suggestions!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"