Music Banter - View Single Post - Quintessential Listening
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
To be fair, there should be no albums you're required to listen to. I had been a true music fan (as far as I would understand the term) for over thirty years before I even joined here, and not listening to any of the albums so far did not detract one jot from my enjoyment of my music. It's actually quite a pretentious thing to say, isn't it? That you can't be considered a true music fan unless you listen to this and this and this, and don't forget this.

Not trying to get at you Frown, but it really is a little arrogant that someone should think you're not a proper music fan just because you haven't heard particular albums that they think you should. Look at 1001 albums: there are selections there, many of them, that I could quite happily die without ever having heard.
Should listen to, not must. Ffs people just contribute to the thread instead of bitching about it.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote