Music Banter - View Single Post - How Should MB Be Moderated?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #270 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Okay good cause this **** was 100% pointless.
I feel the poll was a very good idea, and I'm glad we had it, thanks to Tore.

People derailing conversations with moderator-sanctioned hostility is a main reason I feel the site will benefit from some changes in moderation policy. Some of these changes were voted for by the majority in this poll.

One important thing we learned from the poll is that the majority of poll voters feel that "the rules should be applied equally to all members (ex. rules apply equally to mods and users)" and mods should not be more lenient with regulars.

Also, the majority of voters selected that "details of rule enforcement can be subject to public scrutiny." This change could help MB members feel assured that moderators have applied the rules fairly and not made moderation decisions that were biased in favor of very active or long-term members or moderators.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"