Music Banter - View Single Post - U.S. Supreme Court legalizes nationwide gay marriage
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Where did you shut down their arguments? If it was in another post then I missed it.
State's rights rebuttal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I don't think that's really a valid complaint tbh. A lot of people are harboring on state's rights, but if the SCOTUS comes in and says that what a state or states is/are doing is unconstitutional, then they're well within their boundaries since that's one of the main purposes of the court.
Unelected judges rebuttal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I addressed the state's rights issue in my post, but as far as the unelected judges part goes...there were actually 9 unelected judges that voted on the issue since the public doesn't elect them to office. Choosing justices is done on the part of the executive branch and approved by the legislative branch.

Like I said, I don't really think it's a valid complaint and most people who are using it are hiding behind those arguments so as not to oust themselves as bigots.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote