Music Banter - View Single Post - What You Wish Pop Sounded Like
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The technology has and continues to advance so much that maybe 20 years ago WTB would have a valid point, but the argument against sampling doesn't hold much water these days.
I disagree, I still know people who work in the industry and the technology hasn't advanced that much.

You could splice individual notes and rearrange it when I worked in the business to, but unless you have a software program that can take the snipits and rearrange them into timed notes of your choosing as well as changing the tone, and the sound bank, then your still limited. You also need a program that will be able to time the percussion instruments (Drums) perfectly.

I'm not opposed to sampling because your borrowing other people's work, I'm opposed to it because as the technology stands it is still confined, which is why songs like Rihanna's S.O.S suck $hit. It could never have the creativity of Soft Cell's Tainted Love or the original version.

One day electronic music will rule all! but as it stands now its still largely run by dj's who sample a beat and build around it, instead of creating their own choruses and bridges.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote