Music Banter - View Single Post - What You Wish Pop Sounded Like
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 12:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
My point was that the great underground artists can use that same method that Rihanna uses to create some brilliant music. I don't think that it's the creation method itself that makes bad music, it's just that very palatable music (as far as the general public goes) using those methods can create bad music. Do you think that if Rihanna (or her songwriters) switched to non-electronic methods of composition, the music would become better? I really don't see that happening tbh.
I personally do, although both Michael Jackson and Donna Summer are miles ahead of Rihanna in the talent department, the latter two had people compose their music for them and it came out a lot better. Record companies rarely hire session musicians anymore because its cheaper to hire a producer who will sample a beat.

Sampling is an art and a talent, and when you get artists like Massive Attack doing it its brilliant, but underground artists often have a deep passion for music and knowledge on how to compose music in a certain key. Rihanna is just a t and a dancing puppet with some half ass Dj making her music.

Anyways I'm not taking aim at the music you like because its cool, cheers.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote