Music Banter - View Single Post - Cheesy Repetitive new "ROCK" bands
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 06:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Nickleback isn't as bad as you'd like to pretend, I wouldn't buy their new album because I'd probably only like the single, but what they play on the radio isn't that bad. its good songwriting and frankly, alot of posters here have no right to complain. You'd be lucky to write a song like that.

Im sure its "not you" but theres still an imperical craft to a song that is good or bad. Whether someone writes it for them or not is irrelevent to me, its better than "eat you alive" or anything Trapt tried to put on my plate.

I happen to think songs like Breath, and Photograph aren't such an affront to music, of course I rarely listen to stations that play them so I've only heard the later popular songs a handful of times but its not my fault you wanted to hear Laffy taffy so you kept the pop station on.
I disagree with the songwriting credit you give. Music is art, if you have to reproduce the same song your entire career you aren't making art. If you saw the Mona Lisa, and then another, and another, you'd lose much respect for a piece of art that on it's own is worth the world. Chances are you don't buy their album because you know that once you've listened to that one song you like, you've got another 50 minutes of the exact same song to sit through. I know thats why i don't buy their albums. And the fact they don't know what a guitar can really do.

I do agree with the part about their music not being as obscene as everyone makes it out to be. If you don't like their music, change station, put a cd on. Use some initiative.

The thing is though that people only hate them because DJ's hype them up, and are then really let down when they discover bands like Metallica or whatever make mince meat of the DJ's "hard stuff". When a dj palys some Nickelback amongst Britney and Nsync they seem to think it is only right that Nickelback is appointed "hard rock". Since it's amoung such lala music. Nickelback is not hard rock. And we wonder why kids grow up these days thinking Slipknot is Gods gift to metal.

False impressions, people need to know the truth. When a station plays Nickelback, it should be classed as pop rock. Just because their station doesn't play Rage or Iron Maiden, doesn't make Nickelback the hard-hitters. They're still soft. Thats what really irritates me. It's not young peoples fault they think Greenday are the best, it's just the way they've been brought into looking at rock, thinking that these bands own everything ever produced before hand.