Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Cheesist most Repetitive newer rock band
NickelBack 6 37.50%
Three Doors Down 5 31.25%
Creed 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
butt say x
 
mosesandtherubberducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
I would say that Lose Yourself is as good if not better than most Classic Rock.
I can also speak from both ends of the spectrum seeing as how my music collection ranges from The Beatles and The Doors to KRS-One and The Beastie Boys.
I've heard a billion Classic Rock songs
I've heard a billion rap songs
It is ridiculous to dismiss an ENTIRE genre. That is why everyone yelled at you. That and the fact that you are an idiot...

EDIT: I think that Big3 made an exceptional point when he said that the music you like will never grow. while the music you hate gets larger everyday


A BILLION?!?!?!?!


But that is a good point Bill
__________________
Can I have a youtube video for a sig? There's a thing that says "Wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text"
mosesandtherubberducky is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 07:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
Whitewater!
 
Merkaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Nickleback isn't as bad as you'd like to pretend, I wouldn't buy their new album because I'd probably only like the single, but what they play on the radio isn't that bad. its good songwriting and frankly, alot of posters here have no right to complain. You'd be lucky to write a song like that.

Im sure its "not you" but theres still an imperical craft to a song that is good or bad. Whether someone writes it for them or not is irrelevent to me, its better than "eat you alive" or anything Trapt tried to put on my plate.

I happen to think songs like Breath, and Photograph aren't such an affront to music, of course I rarely listen to stations that play them so I've only heard the later popular songs a handful of times but its not my fault you wanted to hear Laffy taffy so you kept the pop station on.
I disagree with the songwriting credit you give. Music is art, if you have to reproduce the same song your entire career you aren't making art. If you saw the Mona Lisa, and then another, and another, you'd lose much respect for a piece of art that on it's own is worth the world. Chances are you don't buy their album because you know that once you've listened to that one song you like, you've got another 50 minutes of the exact same song to sit through. I know thats why i don't buy their albums. And the fact they don't know what a guitar can really do.

I do agree with the part about their music not being as obscene as everyone makes it out to be. If you don't like their music, change station, put a cd on. Use some initiative.

The thing is though that people only hate them because DJ's hype them up, and are then really let down when they discover bands like Metallica or whatever make mince meat of the DJ's "hard stuff". When a dj palys some Nickelback amongst Britney and Nsync they seem to think it is only right that Nickelback is appointed "hard rock". Since it's amoung such lala music. Nickelback is not hard rock. And we wonder why kids grow up these days thinking Slipknot is Gods gift to metal.

False impressions, people need to know the truth. When a station plays Nickelback, it should be classed as pop rock. Just because their station doesn't play Rage or Iron Maiden, doesn't make Nickelback the hard-hitters. They're still soft. Thats what really irritates me. It's not young peoples fault they think Greenday are the best, it's just the way they've been brought into looking at rock, thinking that these bands own everything ever produced before hand.
__________________
She thinks I'm a reclusive genius, she's going to be very disappointed when she finds out i'm a reclusive wanker
Merkaba is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
I disagree with the songwriting credit you give. Music is art, if you have to reproduce the same song your entire career you aren't making art. If you saw the Mona Lisa, and then another, and another, you'd lose much respect for a piece of art that on it's own is worth the world. Chances are you don't buy their album because you know that once you've listened to that one song you like, you've got another 50 minutes of the exact same song to sit through. I know thats why i don't buy their albums. And the fact they don't know what a guitar can really do.
........But your a Nirvana fan?
bungalow is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Whitewater!
 
Merkaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,885
Default

...


Woah step right up to play pin the tail on the retard everyone.

I'd love to know what Nirvana has to do with what you highlighted. Not to mention how it ties in with the following sentence. Not to mention the rest of my post. Not to mention what being a fan has to do with anything.
__________________
She thinks I'm a reclusive genius, she's going to be very disappointed when she finds out i'm a reclusive wanker
Merkaba is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 09:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Throw in as many feeble insults as you want.
It makes you look childish.
You are so right.
It definitly makes me retarded to disagree with almighty Merkaba


Nirvana albums are so repetative,
Each album is different. But the songs arent.
Every Nirvana song is similar to the last.
You say you wont buy albums from bands because you know that you will be hearing the same song for 50 minutes.
That prettty much describes the experience of listening to a Nirvana album.
How stupid could you be not to realize how that relates to the highlighted part of your post
bungalow is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Nirvana albums are so repetative,
Each album is different. But the songs arent.
Every Nirvana song is similar to the last.
You say you wont buy albums from bands because you know that you will be hearing the same song for 50 minutes.
That prettty much describes the experience of listening to a Nirvana album.
How stupid could you be not to realize how that relates to the highlighted part of your post
Cause Polly and Smells Like Teen Spirit so sound the same...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 10:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Rape Me/Smells Like Teen Spirit

Almost every song on Bleach sounds like the previous.

No matter what you could pick 2 completly different songs. And say that my point is invalid. But you cannot say that clumps of Nirvanas music dont sound very similar.
What amazes me about Nirvana is that they were able to take 4 different chords and make 40 different songs and still sell albums. =/, I dont get it.
bungalow is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 10:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

So assuming your point is valid that makes them a bad band? Tons of bands do that hell some bands only make one semi-diffirent albums their whole career.
*cough* ramones *cough*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Where did I say they were a bad band (in this thread....) There are a couple Nirvana songs I like.
I'm saying that their songs are all the same.

The only thing that angers me about this forum is that,
If you argue with someone who is well known here,
They are immediatly right. Thats bullsh*t
bungalow is offline  
Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Where did I say they were a bad band (in this thread....) There are a couple Nirvana songs I like.
I'm saying that their songs are all the same.
No they aren't.
As i said polly sounds way diffirent then rape me and sliver does too.
And don't give me the "i mean on albums thing" because you jut said all their songs sound the same.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.