Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 11:19 PM   #33015 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

This did not happen today, but I haven't wanted to talk about it for several days because it was rather terrifying at the time.

Two days ago, I was sitting upstairs in my room, and I heard some thunder off in the distance. I was bored so I went outside to watch the storms roll in. I sat out there for about 15 minutes, before it started to drizzle. As the drizzle picked up and started to rain I got up from my chair and was literally in the doorway heading into my house when the tornado alarm went off.

That was some seriously scary **** because I was alone when it happened.

I turn on the TV to our local news station and there I find out that my county is under a tornado warning. I can count the number of times my county has been under a tornado warning with one hand. I may live in Kansas, but eastern Kansas is pretty hilly. It's not the great plains.

As I am watching the news channel, the thunder and lightning start to pick up as does the rain, but it is not that bad. At some point I go over and look at the window to just stare outside and without any warning it starts pouring sheets of rain. My parents have a flagpole outside as well and as I stare at the flag it is blowing in the normal easterly direction but all of a sudden it starts blowing to the west. I'm like OK that's pretty strange but then it starts pouring sheets of rain as the wind starts blowing like crazy and I'm staring at the house across the street from me when it starts raining this hard and visibility just plummets to the point where I can't see the house across street. It is literally shrouded behind the rain.

Long story-short, the whole thing blows over and nothing ever happens except it rains a lot.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote