Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #1332 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Don't get all defensive. People hate bands they dislike immensely. That's what subjective musical opinion is about. If I just don't get Dream Theater, then I'd say you also just don't get Celtic Frost.
I wasn't trying to be defensive, my actual goal was to hold up a white flag.
By the way, I'm in the interesting position that if I listen to something a few times, I'll be hooked pretty much no matter what. The reason I was looking at the bad side of Celtic Frost is because I had to. At this point in the competition, I can't look for redeeming factors, so instead, I'm looking for absolutely anything I don't like about the album. I just don't like Celtic Frost as much, for whatever reason.

Also, I don't think making a song more technically involved necessarily makes it worse. In fact, people usually think of it the opposite way. But whatever, to each their own.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote