Music Banter - View Single Post - Noobie needs help on songwriting
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
E5I5O
Account Disabled

I never attacked you. I was merely stating my points. And I've been playing guitar and piano since I was fifteen. I taught myself how to play classical. Though I've never actually taught a class, I've played much outside the class room. I know that there are those who have potential and those who are simply enamored by the scene of music itself, which is what makes them want to "learn". Regardless of that, should anyone be chastised for loving music and wanting to learn it? Because that's what I gather from you. That's not the way to teach. I used to know a girl who was Pilipino. And she told me her parents hired a professional piano teacher to teach her classical piano. At the tender age of three, her teacher used to hold a ruler over her hand as she played, and if she missed a note or made any kind of mistake, her teacher would slap her on the hand with that rule-stick. The way you talk to people regarding "teaching" just simply comes off to me the same way. There are better ways to nurture and guide people along in regards to teaching anything, that includes music.
E5I5O is offline   Reply With Quote