Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 05:33 AM   #20404 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
Bit late to the party aren't you? Drugs worn off yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I suppose no one can honestly say how they would react given certain circumstances in a relationship dynamic --at least without having experienced them -- but physical confrontations with someone you supposedly love (be it the predatory abuse of a single party, or equal participation, co-dependent violence) is a sign of a person/persons with terminally stunted maturity. Even with teens who engage in such behavior, I would be dubious that their nature would change to the point that they would "grow out of it".

I'm a man-child with anger issues myself, so I can't help but worry that under the right (or wrong) circumstances, that I would shame myself in such a way (not having been in any romantic relationships I really have little experience to say either way TBH). But I'd like to think that the idea of hitting a woman would be so repulsive to me that I just couldn't do it. I just don't understand how you get to the point of closing your fist and making contact with a loved one.

I've never done it to a non-romantic partner, and never had any desire to -- beyond of course the normal state of being pissed off at a friend acting like a douchebag -- so I'd like to think that it would never come to that, but it's still a terrifying thought. There are so few people that I've ever felt any real connection with, so it would feel like a betrayal, not just to that person, but to myself for sabotaging something which would be so rare and special to me.

**** that ****.
Not to mention that unless she's a huge woman (and even if she is) it's almsot certainly a case of a stronger person attacking a weaker. I know women can be tough when needed but generally, in a male/female confrontation I think they tend to avoid physical conflict, as they know they will usually come off worst. Honestly, to me it's like punching a child. How the **** can you have any self-respect for yourself, or respect for the person you purport to love, if you're prepared to physically harm them? Even if the reverse were true, and the woman went for you, most of us are strong enough to be able to restrain her without having to resort to like violence.

tl;dr: you hit a woman you're a **** and deserve to go to jail. End of.