Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #20412 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Yeah, hitting a woman is pretty disgusting behavior. The only person I've ever maliciously attacked (aside from combat training in the Army and some martial arts when I was younger) was the perv that went after my daughter when she was 15 (he was 40+). He had also gone after a couple of my friends daughters over the years. I pretty much did it for the sake of those innocent girls. Got him pretty good too, but I felt really bad about it afterwards. He went to the police and I was arrested, but community service was my sentence, and I had a fairly good time since the officers in charge learned why I was there.

On the other end of the spectrum you have my Daughter's mother, who backed herself into a doorknob and told the police I had hit her in the back with a hammer. Off to jail I went. After that, I wizened up and would only be around her if I had witnesses, which came into play when she hit herself in the head with a brick and called the cops. The cops laughed and told her to get the **** off my property, as I was in the process of removing her from my home. Good times man, good times.

Violence sucks.
That's complicated, too. We can only do what the law says we can, and what the evidence says happened. Hence why you were arrested. Evidence always trumps he said/she said (hear say).

It's a really frustrating situation from the standpoint of a Law Enforcement Officer because you want to protect the victim and while you can advise them to press charges, you can't force them. And if they don't press charges then guess what? The abuser gets out, charges are dropped. And next time you could end up worse off than this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Now hold on....I CAN HIT A WOMAN. IM NOT SCURED.
Course you all want it to happen in a mud pit but ya know.
I'd prefer a big ol' batch of caramel so y'all can clean each other up after wards