Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #20423 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I suppose no one can honestly say how they would react given certain circumstances in a relationship dynamic --at least without having experienced them -- but physical confrontations with someone you supposedly love (be it the predatory abuse of a single party, or equal participation, co-dependent violence) is a sign of a person/persons with terminally stunted maturity. Even with teens who engage in such behavior, I would be dubious that their nature would change to the point that they would "grow out of it".

I'm a man-child with anger issues myself, so I can't help but worry that under the right (or wrong) circumstances, that I would shame myself in such a way (not having been in any romantic relationships I really have little experience to say either way TBH). But I'd like to think that the idea of hitting a woman would be so repulsive to me that I just couldn't do it. I just don't understand how you get to the point of closing your fist and making contact with a loved one.

I've never done it to a non-romantic partner, and never had any desire to -- beyond of course the normal state of being pissed off at a friend acting like a douchebag -- so I'd like to think that it would never come to that, but it's still a terrifying thought. There are so few people that I've ever felt any real connection with, so it would feel like a betrayal, not just to that person, but to myself for sabotaging something which would be so rare and special to me.

**** that ****.
What did you people do with Batlord? He sounds like Sigmund Freuds long lost cousin now.