Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #20461 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Then both parties have agreed to the fight, and is not abuse. They can both still be charged with assault, however. Moreover to the point, what does them being gay have to do with anything? And you have only served to defeat your own purpose to the conversation. The conversation at hand deals with when one attacks the other, not when they are sparring. Thusly, your contribution talking about them engaging in a fight/spar between them to settle their differences is a mute point.
them being gay makes the prospect of them competing in the same boxing league more plausible to me

and my own purpose in the conversation was to be contrarian towards janzoon's post by falling back on semantics by presenting an obviously absurd exception to the "you should never hit anyone you are in a relationship with" rule. i succeeded in providing such an exception, and thus my participation in this thread has been a resounding success.

but to respond more seriously... the prevailing wisdom, i believe, is that assaulting anyone under any circumstances (relationship or not) is unacceptable. the one exception being self-defense. meaning if your partner is attacking you physically, you might possibly be justified in defending yourself with a mortal kombat style uppercut.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote