Music Banter - View Single Post - Fallout 4
Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

I'm literally buying a gaming rig solely for the release of this game in November. I've been gradually playing through Fallout III again over the last couple of months, finished the main quest and currently weaving my way through each DLC. Starting New Vegas again immediately after.

The gaming community is an interesting world, are there any other industries that stir up even close to the same amount of ferocious criticism from consumers every time they move a muscle? Ever since the Mass Effect fans went insane over the end of Mass Effect III it's like developers have to behave like trained politicians, especially at events like E3.

Seems like a lot of people are worried that Fallout 4 will feel dumbed down (in terms of RPG elements) relative to the previous games, especially New Vegas, the same way Skyrim felt somewhat dumbed down relative to Oblivion and Morrowind. Personally I feel like the one place Fallout 3 could have used some significant improvement was combat, and if Fallout 4 sacrifices a small amount of RPG elements to make the combat a bit more involved, I'm alright with that. If anything the new settlement building system more than makes up for sidelining stats for "perks" and "ranks".
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote