Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default Fallout 4

fallout 4 bitch

Official Trailer


20 Minute Gameplay


Good nasty fun stuff


Whose preordered it? Whose desperately waiting? Whose had dreams about this moment? I love that they've made it a little more realistic during the V.A.T, having the victim move at a slow pace whereas they just stand there as if time's stopped. At least time goes in slow motion and it's a little less ridiculous. That'll be interesting. Also creating my own fortress and customizing it to ward off pesky raiders. Also, the weapons are fully customizable, I'll have loads of fun there. The only thing I'm not too impressed with is the weird fucking Brotherhood of Steel armor suit you put on. I don't know about that one. Also if this is honestly the cover to gaming history's most long awaited title, I might puke. They just slapped this together terribly.



No matter though, I've invested $10 so far into my local Gamestop. Another 50 and I'm golden.

I'll keep updated
Why Fallout 4's Protagonists Have Voices
E3 2015: Fallout 4 Release Date Revealed
Fallout 4 Won't End When the Story Concludes, No Level Cap
QuakeCon 2015: Fallout 4's Mod Tools Don't Exist Yet
QuakeCon 2015: Fallout 4 Players Can Romance Companions
Fallout 4 Voice Actors Recorded Over 13,000 Lines of Dialogue
Fallout 4 Wins Best of E3 2015 by Game Critics Awards
Bethesda Accepts Bottle Cap Payment for Fallout 4
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today

Last edited by Justthefacts; 08-07-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Two Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 331
Default

I'll be taking a day or two off from work for this game. I've been waiting too long for me not to play it extensively on release.
Two Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,363
Default

I'm so weird with video games. I could care less about 95% of them but i'm literally OBSESSED with the Fallout series. Can't wait. I hope I can explore the wasteland with Dogmeat again.

IIII don't want to set the wooooooooooorld oooon fiiiiiiiiireeeeeeee....
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Im not pre ordering it but i am planing on buying it when i get a Ps4.

I saw the trailer for it and i think the game is gonna be amazing but im not in a hurry to get it. I like the new VAT system but i hope you get other companions aside from the dog and that the new fortress system doesn't interfere with the main story gameplay cause it would be a drag to be forced to go back to protecting your fortress while all you wanna do is continue the story.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
V8s & 12 Bars
 
EPOCH6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 955
Default

I'm literally buying a gaming rig solely for the release of this game in November. I've been gradually playing through Fallout III again over the last couple of months, finished the main quest and currently weaving my way through each DLC. Starting New Vegas again immediately after.

The gaming community is an interesting world, are there any other industries that stir up even close to the same amount of ferocious criticism from consumers every time they move a muscle? Ever since the Mass Effect fans went insane over the end of Mass Effect III it's like developers have to behave like trained politicians, especially at events like E3.

Seems like a lot of people are worried that Fallout 4 will feel dumbed down (in terms of RPG elements) relative to the previous games, especially New Vegas, the same way Skyrim felt somewhat dumbed down relative to Oblivion and Morrowind. Personally I feel like the one place Fallout 3 could have used some significant improvement was combat, and if Fallout 4 sacrifices a small amount of RPG elements to make the combat a bit more involved, I'm alright with that. If anything the new settlement building system more than makes up for sidelining stats for "perks" and "ranks".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycob View Post
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,513
Default

I'm honestly more interested in Dishonored 2. I've never been a fan of the Fallout series and i've tried playing Fallout 3, but I kind of just got bored of it for whatever reason.
__________________
| - || - |||
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

When it comes to the Fallout games i honestly don't need any gameplay improvements in the stat system and i would be disappointed if they sacrificed the rpg elements for FPS ones. I like the familiarity of the perk system and factions system although i think they could improve on the factions system by adding more depth to the factions themselves because they always focus on the Brotherhood and skim through the rest,

New vegas kinda forced you too pick a faction and i liked that but again, you kinda skimmed through the factions and do a couple a missions for them but you don't feel you don't really belong in that faction you are just using them.

I wish i could play Fallout and live as a raider or as a slaver or even a khan. those guys can get all the chems.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Im not pre ordering it but i am planing on buying it when i get a Ps4.

I saw the trailer for it and i think the game is gonna be amazing but im not in a hurry to get it. I like the new VAT system but i hope you get other companions aside from the dog and that the new fortress system doesn't interfere with the main story gameplay cause it would be a drag to be forced to go back to protecting your fortress while all you wanna do is continue the story.
You do, and you can romance them as well, boy or girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
I'm literally buying a gaming rig solely for the release of this game in November. I've been gradually playing through Fallout III again over the last couple of months, finished the main quest and currently weaving my way through each DLC. Starting New Vegas again immediately after.

The gaming community is an interesting world, are there any other industries that stir up even close to the same amount of ferocious criticism from consumers every time they move a muscle? Ever since the Mass Effect fans went insane over the end of Mass Effect III it's like developers have to behave like trained politicians, especially at events like E3.

Seems like a lot of people are worried that Fallout 4 will feel dumbed down (in terms of RPG elements) relative to the previous games, especially New Vegas, the same way Skyrim felt somewhat dumbed down relative to Oblivion and Morrowind. Personally I feel like the one place Fallout 3 could have used some significant improvement was combat, and if Fallout 4 sacrifices a small amount of RPG elements to make the combat a bit more involved, I'm alright with that. If anything the new settlement building system more than makes up for sidelining stats for "perks" and "ranks".
Gunplay is much more fluid, as seen in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I'm honestly more interested in Dishonored 2. I've never been a fan of the Fallout series and i've tried playing Fallout 3, but I kind of just got bored of it for whatever reason.
Also awaiting Dishonered 2. I'll be playing as the chick.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,630
Default

The biggest problem I have with Bethesda developed games is that they sacrifice pacing and story in favor of a big, but kind of samey and shallow world. I've heard that there's been a tighter focus on story in this game, so we'll see. I'd be kidding myself if I said I wasn't going to buy it, however I'll probably wait until the semester is done. I don't want to get it in November just before finals and not play it until after, or sacrifice my studies in order to play the game. Honestly though I could leave the base building mechanics, that sounds more like something that could be added by modders, like what they did with Skyrim before the Hearthfire DLC came out.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
V8s & 12 Bars
 
EPOCH6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
The biggest problem I have with Bethesda developed games is that they sacrifice pacing and story in favor of a big, but kind of samey and shallow world.
It's certainly a difficult balance to achieve. Bethesda has found themselves in this weird position between genres with a divided fan base. Basically they've got the RPG fans coming from a background of Baldur's Gate, Diablo, KOTOR, Zelda, maybe WOW, Final Fantasy etc, and the linear FPS fans coming from a background of Half-Life, BioShock, Halo, STALKER, Far Cry, and COD etc. How do you please both camps?

Bethesda seems to tread very lightly between which gameplay elements dominate. On one hand they want to create this big open world full of secrets and **** to explore, things to collect, interesting fleshed out NPC's to meet, and give you complete freedom to explore it whenever you want. And at the same time they have to inject a story interesting enough to keep your attention amidst all of that freedom and opportunity. How do you get players to care about the main story and its characters when there is so much out there to distract them? You have all of these massively interesting side quests and somehow you have to make sure that your main quest is even more interesting than that, otherwise the player doesn't relate to any of the central characters and then next thing you know you've got blogs going "Bethesda can't write a story for ****".

In every single Bethesda game I've played I found the side quests more interesting and entertaining than the main quests. The most memorable moments always stem from free exploration. It's a consequence of taking on such an insanely daunting task, you end up diluting the world with stories and in the end there's so many of them that none of them really stick out as a strong central plot. But in the end it doesn't really seem to matter all that much and obviously they're doing a good enough job overall, because every single time we keep coming back. Every single time the hype machine for these open world Bethesda games completely dominates the gaming industry for a year straight.

Sympathy for Bethesda, they're doing their best, and as far as I know there isn't anybody doing the same thing better, except maybe The Witcher, but we'll see if that holds true after Fallout 4 comes out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycob View Post
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.