Music Banter - View Single Post - The Scrap Heap
Thread: The Scrap Heap
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #139 (permalink)
Pet_Sounds
Remember the underscore

Besides a few posts scattered sporadically across the boards, I don't think I've ever detailed my love of baseball. That is about to change.

How about the Toronto Blue Jays? Sure, their eleven-game winning streak snapped on Friday night (that was painful to watch), but, for the first time that I can remember, they have actually remained in the hunt for a division title. I'll be glued to the TV in about half an hour, when Drew Hutchison (my favourite player) starts against the Yankees, looking to avoid a sweep.

Speaking of sweeps, that's what the Blue Jays did to the Yankees about a week ago. Toronto swept a three-game series against New York in Yankee Stadium. The "Bronx Bombers", who happen to have the second-best lineup in baseball (after Toronto), scored a grand total of one run. Now, a week later, the Jays are desperately trying to avoid being swept themselves.

It's going to be an awesome season.

My select team wrapped up our regular season last night. We finished third in our league, with a 10-8 record. Playoffs are up next.

I'm not an incredible defensive player. I have a crappy arm, and my glove work is average. But, I do know how to hit pretty well. I started the season batting fifth. For the second game, I hit fourth, and for every game since, I've hit leadoff. From that position, I have six triples and a home run.

But, I think my greatest strength is my baserunning. I'm the stereotypical speedy center fielder, which is why this song appeals so much to me.

Oh shoot, the Blue Jays game's almost on.