Music Banter - View Single Post - Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
I'm not going to do a whole line-by-line like I've been doing, or, for that matter, take part in this argument after this - which seems to be your intention as well, so I think we're all good. It seems pretty clear that we're going to keep going around in circles about whose sources are more valid and whose studies are more methodologically sound. I also think we're not really having a productive debate if we're getting bogged down talking about source bias and whatever - these issues are largely background noise and there's no real argument going on related to the stuff I mention at the bottom of my last post (starting with "in sum"), nor does there need to be. You have better things to do and I have better things to do, so I'm really fine with ending this here.
Yes as long as you understand that I cited liberal sources on immigration.

Paul Krugman here:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/200...igration/?_r=1

One of Paul Krugman's prodigy here:

Effects of Immigration on African-American Employment and Incarceration

and of course outside of Donald Trump there is another closed border presidential candidate on immigration, Bernie Sanders!

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) found himself at odds with some immigration reform advocates Thursday, defending his 2007 vote against a comprehensive immigration bill and telling an audience hosted by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce that "open borders" were a threat to American jobs.

"There is a reason that Wall Street likes immigration reform," Sanders said. "What I think they’re interested in is seeing a process by which we can bring low-wage labor into this county."

The Vermont senator vehemently disagreed. "That's a Koch brothers proposal," he said. "What right-wing people in this country would love is an open-border policy. Bring in all kinds of people, work for $2 or $3 an hour, that would be great for them. I don't believe in that."

Many progressives do believe in that. They've argued for it, in the face of opposition from many labor unions.
That last line is the kicker for me, and why I don't like middle class liberals.

Bernie Sanders criticizes ‘open borders’ at Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - The Washington Post
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote