Music Banter - View Single Post - UK Politics
Thread: UK Politics
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #43 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
I'm aware that economic opportunity is the primary driver, but I do think climate plays a role, especially if your climatized to being in a warmer region. (Bulgaria, Albania ect)
Based in this logic everybody from a warm climate would only be emigrating to places like Australia and New Zealand. Whereas the proven reality is that just as many people from hot countries will move to Canada and Northern Europe as well, which shows that the warm climate factor to be a minor consideration.

Quote:
As I've explained to Monkey Tennis, if Scotland were to separate, their GDP would be significantly reduced in size. Outside of oil, Scotland isn't going to be much of an economic driver once its absorbed by the EU.

Thus, I just don't see many Eastern Europeans emigrating to the region. They'll have to attract immigrants from places where people will see a significant boost in their standard of living.
This is why Scotland voted to remain part of the UK, part of the greater whole,

If the Jobs are there then they will move there but you need to remember much like Australian and Canadian immigration, Scotland wants educated immigrants and not ruffians, even if they will just end up doing menial Jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
perhaps you should bring this case to a shariah court... i have a gut feeling they'll find a way to streamline this one through
No thanks
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote