Music Banter - View Single Post - UK Politics
Thread: UK Politics
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #47 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Australia & New Zealand also have tougher immigration laws & enforcement than Canada and the UK, and in Canada, Vancouver has been the prime destination for immigrants, due in part to its warmer climate and geographical location.

That being said, I think we are on the same page??? An independent Scotland would not attract many EU migrants primarily because it would not be an economic hub of Europe, but rather a small satellite state on the fringe.

I just think that its cold climate might also dissuade people from going, if there standard of living isn't going to drastically improve in comparison to other places they could go to in Europe, than why go?

I think that Scotland could attract a lot of high skilled labour from India & China like Canada does. Citizens in the EU just have to many comfy choices.
Well I knew a guy a few years ago here that wanted to emigrate to Canada but gave up after he was told it would be a three year wait unless he secured a job first. He found out that for him Australia was an easier choice and just had a year wait, New Zealand though is meant to be toughest of the three.

An independent Scotland I think would survive as apart from oil it does have a pretty thriving tourist trade as it is spectacular in summer,

You also need to remember that a lot of Brits emigrate to places like Canada and Australia and for most of those the climate is a big factor, because they are not really proper immigrants like from the third world and are moving mostly out of choice..
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote