Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica and Megadeth
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
It isn't the internets influence on music I have a problem with, but the free downloading of music that makes it harder for musicians to survive. (Not to incriminate myself, but I'm far from a saint in this area.)

And to me the height of metal is rock songs with killer guitar riffs (Motley Crue: Shout at the Devil, Accept: Balls to the Wall) All the great metal artists historically got huge advances in $$$ to have top studio production time for their albums. I guarantee you Reign in Blood wouldn't sound half as good if they had been signed to some indie label like combat records.
So is studio production more of a deal breaker for you than the actual music? I understand that having a record that isn't lofi helps its case, but generally I feel like I can look past that element if the music is good enough. Either way, I think that the recording quality from the time of Kill Em All (which actually has some pretty **** production tbh, although they did greatly improve after that album) is so dated in comparison to our current technology that someone can produce something of better audio quality than KEA or even The Black Album in their basement. Deriding indie labels because of that isn't entirely accurate these days because the equipment to make something sound good is far more affordable.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote