Music Banter - View Single Post - The Refugee crisis
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #91 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i'm not discounting the value of living in a place... but if you were to raise points on the racial situation in america and my only response was "nah ****'s fine trust me i live here," then you would be an utter fool to take that argument seriously.

it's in your interest to dismiss these videos and it suits your agenda. see how easy that is? this is why i'm not taking you seriously.

incorrect. in some respects they're right. the high number of guns in america is correlated with our unusually high homicide rates. the only place where brits are wrong is in failing to understand how impossible it is to change anything that is in the bill of rights (2nd amendment). that has nothing to do with them not living here and everything to do with them simply being uneducated on the american constitution.

i take youtube videos with a grain of salt... but when i see reports like this i don't just dismiss them without a valid reason to do so. you must know very little about this world if you only trust things that you see in person and never get any information from the news.

yet you didn't trust my knowledge, you told me the gangs were imported when they weren't. some are imported and some are native. zoe pound literally started out in miami directly because of ethnic tension and mistreatment of haitians in that community. no amount of backpacking through south america is going to change that, my friend.

ms-13 is mexican gang that is imported. same with sur-13.

MLK on the other hand is a guatamalan gang in south florida that does not exist in guatemala and arose mostly because guats were often targeted and were vulnerable as a community because they are largely illegal and can't go to the cops when they are robbed.
It looks like it's becoming a waste of time really trying to get through to you, so I'll make it really easy for you to understand:

US: Lives in Europe and knows it pretty well, has a decent awareness of its political and social issues. Once went to New York as a teenager which doesn't really count and what knowledge I have of the USA is mostly from the press and TV. So I take my American knowledge with a pinch of salt

JWB: Lives in the USA and only he knows how well he knows it and has a decent awareness of its political and social issues. Has never been to Europe and what knowledge he has mostly comes from press, tv and YouTube videos. But he treats this European knowledge as almost undeniable fact.

Nobody is stating that there are not racial issues connected with muslims here, just the fact that it needs to be put into perspective. The so called turf war that you're referring to in the video is from an undesirable area of East London , which since the 1960s has always been an area of racial tensions. The area is a small area in the whole East London area and East London is roughly less than a quarter of the whole of London. The city has a population of 8.5 million which kind of means that this whole scenario is of little interest to the people that live here and there are far greater problems here than this. If it wasn't for the press here, nobody would have any idea that this stuff was going on.

Finally nobody is stating that people that don't live or know a place, shouldn't have an opinion about it as nobody would discuss anything. But a certain amount of caution is needed.

I could easily post YouTube videos about gun crime in the USA, but how accurate would that be? But if I wanted to troll or flame a thread it would be a good way to do so.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 11-11-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote