Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #281 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Alright, back with some more jazz.

Album: The Roar of '74
Artist: Buddy Rich
Genre: Jazz
Suggested by: ElvisMan
Familiarity: None.

1. Nuttville - Just great zippy jazz all the way through. Excellent way to start off the album. Definitely fair to give this the royal treatment.

2. Kilimanjaro Cookout - Again, just the funkiest jazz you can get. I absolutely love it.

3. Big Mac - More excellent jazz, it just keeps coming. I'm surprised he can keep it up for this long. Then again, I have a soft spot for jazz. Nevertheless, it's some of the best I've heard.

4. Backwoods Sideman - I'd say this one's a bit more laid back. Still just as good though.

5. Time Check - Back to loud and noisy. I'm absolutely loving it.

6. Prelude to a Kiss - Slow and romantic, I'm really feeling this one as well.

7. Waltz of the Mushroom Hunters - Another one that goes back to the wildness of the majority of the album. It's very jazzy, while managing to evoke a sense of wonder at the same time. It's a testament to Rich's drumming that the beat is held throughout the song. As much as I like it though, it does start to feel a bit long towards the end. So I'm gonna go under on this one.

8. Senator Sam - So, we had that long, wild track before it. What else could end the album but something smooth and almost bluesy in nature. The bass work here is commendable, while the fleeting sax is extraordinary.

Well, I think we can safely say that if you want me to have a good time, rec me some jazz. If you want me to have a bad time, you're pretty much out of luck. This is indeed some of the best jazz I've come across on here, so the high rating is certainly warranted. Funkier than most jazz, there will be many who enjoy this.

OVERALL RATING: 9.5/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote