Music Banter - View Single Post - The Torture Chamber
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #320 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Um...
Sorry, forgot that one. It's been so long...
Quote:

I'm not sure if I still want to participate if you're going to continue making this thread like a homework assignment. It drains the fun out of it, and I don't come to this forum to do a half hearted reviews to prove that I listened to some albums.
Don't be so silly. It's nothing like homework. You would KNOW if it was homework, let me tell you! I told everyone nobody needed to review as such, but ffs you need to prove you listened to the album, otherwise where's the point? Ten hours of John Zorn: yeah I listened to it. Prove it. Um....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
If people are writing reviews for what they listened to, count me out. I missed that requirement. I don't want it to seem like a job (that I'm not getting paid for).
Your choice, but there's no point in just saying you listened to it. As above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah, the whole rating system and time limit kind of kills the fun. I suggest you (TH) just let anarchy reign, cause your system isn't really encouraging anyone to review anyway.
Nah, just for you and some others. Other people have posted with no problem. I'm not gonna change the system just because you two clowns don't like it. You're free not to participate, but if you decide to, you have to be at least somewhat committed. I can't have albums here for a month not done, while others are firing off reviews and impressions left, right and centre. Wouldn't be fair.

Anyway, it doesn't in the least surprise me. You two always have a problem with any sort of system I set up, so I expected this. I don't really care if it dies. It's taking a lot of my time. So if nobody's interested then let me know and I can shut this down, but I think some members are genuinely enjoying it. I'm not however going to let this slip off to page two or three while supposedly active and then be bumped every few weeks, to slide back down again. If it's to be kept current then the time limits (which are not excessive: one album per week?) need to be respected and stuck to.