Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #286 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Album: Wouldwork
Artist: Infantree
Genre: Indie Rock
Suggested by: DwnWthVwls
Familiarity: None.

1. Water - Short, slow folk song to start with. It's nothing particularly special, but it wasn't mediocre either.

2. In Line - More acoustic indie stuff. Sort of meh this time. Not feeling it right now.

3. Speak Up - I like this one quite a bit better. Jazzier and a bit funky. I particularly like the acoustic guitar on this one. The ensemble vocals are pretty good too. Best song so far.

4. Rubbed Raw - Feeling a bit like Days of the New on this one. Over too quick, honestly.

5. Hypo - Another slow yet soulful song. I really like this, but I wish it would go on a bit longer. These songs feel a bit clipped off, rather than feeling a bit too long. It's good enough for royal anyways though.

6. Mourning Glory - Another great track that's over too soon.

7. Slaughter House - Jazzier than the others, and multiple vocalists. This one is actually pretty good. There's something very clearly missing from it though. I don't know what it is. A short guitar solo? That could definitely be it. It's really good, but I don't really love it.

8. Cloud of Sound - This slow track is very nice. Smooth and comfortable, this one. The vocalist is a bit atrocious though. Lots of emotion, but at a loss of quality. I really feel like I should be enjoying this more than I am. Still, I am enjoying it a lot. Yeah, the quiet groove of it is winning me over.

9. If She Could - Oh no, what are they trying to do now? Southern? No, this is so wrong. The vocals are always just slightly out of tune, and it's really annoying. The instruments do sort of capture me though. There's a quiet section with a banjo solo which is alright. This is definitely one of those albums where the parts without vocals are better. If the vocals are bad, but there's something unique about them, then it's good. But there's really nothing special about this guy's voice. It's just uncomfortable to hear him wailing.

10. No One's Home - Another folky indie tune. It's still not clicking with me. Never much liked multiple vocalists.

11. Meet the Gang - A little march on this one. I like the first part, but the second part is great. Awesome way to turn it around.

12. To and Fro - Hearing a hint of Beatles here. Doesn't touch me like Beatles songs do, though. It's better than nothing, but just almost.

Alright, so this album doesn't live up to any expectations. If you're looking for some nice indie rock, look elsewhere. Unless you're fine with annoying vocals, you may have some trouble here as well. It's not terrible, but it's nothing I would listen to all the time either.

OVERALL RATING: 7/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote