Music Banter - View Single Post - Should I bother with Oasis
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #96 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Ouch Batsy! Pink Floyd & Zeppelin albums are normally regarded as the pinnacle of rock.

Money, Another brick in the wall part 2, Stairway to Heaven, there is nothing by Oasis that can remotely touch these songs.

Don't get me wrong I love Oasis, and I love to play their songs on the guitar because there quick and easy to learn, but Noel Gallagher is no Jimmy Page or David Gilmour.

Perhaps this is a generational thing with you being younger, but you better hope Unknown Soldier or Trollheart don't see this post, or those geezers may give you a scolding of a lifetime!
All of these songs are boring to me. The only song by Floyd that I actually like, as opposed to merely tolerate, is "Comfortably Numb", and while I love me some Zeppelin, I do not love me some "Stairway to Heaven". And even back before I'd heard it 50 million times I didn't know why people loved it so much.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote